Friday, March 18, 2011

Environmental design


Environmental design is the process of addressing surrounding environmental parameters when devising plans, programs, policies, buildings, or products. Classical prudent design may have always considered environmental factors; however, the environmental movement beginning in the 1940s has made the concept more explicit. -- Richard Plunz (ed.), Design and the Public Good : Selected Writings by Serge Chermayeff 1930 -1980, MIT 1982

I am taking the subject 'Environmental Design' this semester. The lecturers of this subject are Zulkiffli Bin Che Haris and Deepak Kumaran Menon A/L Sangaran Kutty. We are going to learn about how do design the environment like, interior and exterio
r building in this subject. We have two projects for this subject. The 1st one we have to build a physical 3D model with tools. The second is a digital 3D model building with 3d software like Maya and 3D Max.

At the end, I would like to say that I am really looking forward for what I can gain this semester, in this subject. I am so pump up since I've develop a great interest about the environmental design. I have a sister who studying architectural so I think we can surely share our opinion about this topic and learn from each other.

Below is what I bought for this semester (for this and also other subjects). Recommended by our lecturer. It cost me about RM100++. Such an expensive beginning for this semester, eh?


1. Tool box - to put all the tools inside.
2. Sets of makers - 6 light colors and 3 grey.
3. Sets of cutters - big, middle, and pen knife.
4. T square - for drawing purpose.
5. Ruler set - also for drawing purpose.
6. Black files - 2 file with different functions.
7. Mounting spray - to mount the artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment